There is a smoky vibe you get when you prepare soups with smoked protein pieces. One of such soups is the smoke flavoured turkey wings light soup. Marinate your turkey pieces, through them into the oven and wait for magic to happen. If you don’t have much time on your hands, dash out to the butchery shop and request for their smoked turkey pieces.
One of the ways I ensure I always have the perfectly smoked turkey pieces is to smoked them on free weekends and just through them into the freezer. This can last for up to 6 months until my next smoking session. the smoke turkey pieces provides the perfect base for a quick soup dish. You will just require a 35 minutes meal turn around time if your smoke pieces are handy.
Alternatively, you can use smoke chicken pieces or fish pieces to recreate this amazing dish. Serve with cooked potatoes, rice or an asanka of Nkoranza style fufu.
The smoke flavored light soup
Oven smoked turkey wings cooked with fresh thyme over pan smeared vegetable juice serving with Nkoranza styled fufu and on side kosua ne meko (cooked egg and hot pepper)
2 kilos medium sized turkey wing pieces
4 medium sized tomatoes
2 large onions
fresh red chillies
- Wash turkey pieces with water and fresh lemon.
- Marinate turkey pieces with salt and 1 tbs olive oil. Arrange on a tray and bake for 40 mins on medium to high heat.
- Go ahead and prepare the pan smeared vegetable juice. In a saucepan, add a tbs of olive oil. Add onions, garlic, red chillies, tomatoes, carrot. Sautee for 5 minutes. In a blender, add two cup of water to vegetables and blend. Strain into a juice and set aside
- Now lets make the soup. Place smoked turkey pieces into a cooking pot. Add salt, stock cube, fresh thyme, freshly blended and cut onions, ginger and 1 scoop tomatoes puree. Cook for 15 minutes
- Add juice from sautee vegetables to soup base. Depending on the thickness, add one cup of warm water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add extra thyme and chillies (optional). Simmer for 5 minutes and its ready
- Enjoy as a main meal