The Kings’ OkroCourse: Soups
Pan grilled tiger prawns & squid in pot of goat pieces, dry herrings & dry fish cooked over par boiled okro and ademe
1 Kilo King Prawns
1/2 kilo Squid
2 Pieces Dry Fish
2 cups sliced Okro
2 cups Ademe leaves
2 whole garlic
- prepare your prawns by removing the shell, the back black line. Wash in lemon water. Marinate with salt, peppers, garlic and ginger with some cut dill. Marinate for 10 mins
- Pan grilled squid pieces by adding cut squid, green chillies, dry parsley, salt and garlic pieces to a greased pan. Pan cook on each side for 5 mins
- Add marinated king prawns and baby shrimps (together with any extra juices from the marinade). Add pan cooked squid pieces. Add dry fish pieces, cut garlic, chillies, onions and blended ginger. Add stock cube, salt, dry parsley and dill to taste. Cook for 10 mins
- Add par boiled okro and ademe (to par boil okro and ademe, remove stocks from ademe. cook in water for 10 mins. Add in cut okro and cook for another 5 mins. You may add bicarbonate of soda).
- Stir in par boiled okro and ademe. salt and spice to taste. cook for 5 mins and take off fire.