Smoked turkey cuts cooked in herb based rich tomatoes and garlic sauce, and finished with shrimps, heart cabbage, bok choy and onions may be all you need for an afternoon or evening of pure bliss and laughter. With amazing blend of heat and flavours, it is a classic meal yet is one of the simplest recipes worth trying.
It simplicity allows the infusion of your choice of herbs and vegetables and an amazing pairing for cooed yam, cassava, pasta, spaghettini or a simple bowl of rice.
Not that the preparation time for this dish depends on whether you have some smoked turkey pieces hidden in the freezer. If not, simply some turkey pieces, coat with salt and throw in the oven to bake over medium heat for 2 hours. I would usually do this as part of bulk food prepping and keep in small bags in the freezer for later use.
Smoked Turkey infused Shrimp and heart cabbage sauceCourse: Sauces, Uncategorized
6 Smoked turkey pieces
1 Kilo shrimps
1 Piece heart cabbage
2 pieces ok choy
1 whole garlic
- Add vegetable oil of choice to a pot. Add washed turkey pieces. Add rosemary, dry chilies, basil, cut onions and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes. If you are like my sister who doesn’t want to see garlic and onion cuts in her sauce, you can blend and use as per the process.
- Add in blended onions, garlic, ginger, stock cube and tomatoes. Salt to taste and cook for 5 mins
- Add spring onion roots, shrimps, cut garlic. Pepper and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add in hand shredded love cabbage, bok choy and onions. You can opt to cut the cabbage and box chop with a knife. But trust me, hand shredding these is therapeutic. Cook for 5 minutes
- Simmer for 5 minutes and food is ready
- This recipe can be stored in the freezer for weeks. Remember not to overly cook your vegetables if you intend storing as each time you warm to serve, the vegetables cook again